Recently in DECA, We had our DECA District competition where we had 7 go to state on march 13th, 14th, & 15th. Please take the time to congratulate the following students if you see them:
- Jillian Lysaght was a finalist in a quick serve restaurant management
- Gabriele Pierce was a finalist and gets to move up to state in HLM
- Dylan Williams and Christian Coder took 1st in their learn and earn project
- Dillon Dewey won leadership Delegate… This is an automatic to the international career Development Conference in Nashville Tennessee later this month on April 23-26
- Brooklyn Wattenbarger and Madi Heath took 1st in their community services Project
- Victor Boynton took 3rd in Business Service Management and had the second highest test score out of everyone who attended the competition (around 800 people)
So now Victor Boynton (Senior Class) Business Services Marketing and Dillon Dewey(Junior Class) Missouri Leadership Delegates, Will both be continuing on to the international Career Development Conference in Nashville TN. Dillon Dewey was Awarded the highest DECA honor Leadership Delegate. This is a very prestigious award. This award will provide training to help prepare Dillon to pursue his goal of being a future local and state leader. “It was very unexpected and a great honor, I’m very excited to go to Nashville” Dillon Said. Dillon was also elected to be Lafayette’s Student Council President next year. All of the Lafayette staff and student body are very proud of him, We hope they have good luck in the future and they are very successful.